Web & e-commerce
Which company does not own a website nowadays? We are pretty sure you have one. Do you offer products or services which can be purchased through your website? Have you installed a payment gateway? Do you receive questions and suggestions of your customers through a contact form? Have you installed Google Analytics cookies to analyze surfing behaviors? Do you have links to social networks?
All these matters have their reflect on the applicable legislation. The Spanish information society and e-commerce law (LSSICE), the data protection law (LOPD), the law for protection of consumers and users (LGDCU) and the general terms and conditions law (LCGC) all impose several obligations that the owner of a website in Spain shall observe.
Non-compliance of these obligations can imply serious economic penalties from the government or other competent authorities which can definitely be a crucial bump in the growth and development of a start-up or company, or just a not very pleasant experience.
Fortunately, there are applicable measures for fulfilling these legal requirements. Receiving the professional assistance of a law firm is crucial when auditing your website and taking the necessary steps for complying with the applicable laws. We are specialized lawyers in e-commerce and web audits.
It is far better to prevent, rather than to cure.
Services that we provide:
- Web audits in compliance with the applicable legislation in Spain.
- Preparing and drafting legal notices.
- Preparing and drafting legal terms and conditions.
- Preparing and drafting privacy policies.
- Preparing and drafting cookies policies.
- Preparing and drafting general conditions for purchase, always reviewing the whole purchase process and purchasing a sample product.
- Assistance and advice on newslettering and email marketing.
- Preparing and drafting legal reports with professional opinions on this field.
- Periodically monitoring websites in order to adapt their legal texts to the new or upcoming legislations.